Forum Trained Facilitator Team
The Forum’s strategic plan specifies the design and implementation of programming at the regional, national and international levels that disseminates the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad, increases the accessibility of the Standards to all levels of Forum member institutions and organizations, encourages and provides training in the implementation of best practices, and allows all member institutions and organizations to engage in purposeful dialogue. In order to provide the highest level of programming to The Forum membership, it is necessary to maintain a cohort of specially-trained colleagues to deliver a variety of programming. The Forum Trained Facilitator Team accomplishes this.
The Forum Trained Facilitator Team is a group of mid- to senior-level education abroad professionals from around the world who are prepared to deliver workshops and webinars on a variety of topics—all tied to the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad and the Code of Ethics for Education Abroad. Many of the workshops also form the basis of the new Professional Certification program.
Meet the Forum Trained Facilitators
Join the FTFT
Interested in becoming a Forum Trained Facilitator?
Submit an Application
How are FTFT members selected?
- Colleagues of Forum member institutions are invited to apply to become a member of the FTFT.
- A selection committee comprised of The Forum’s Vice President for Member Services and Training, and at least two FTFT members, will review applications to join the FTFT. This committee will make recommendations to the President and CEO of The Forum, for final approval of FTFT appointments.
Terms of service
- FTFT members serve their term after initial training, with annual training to be provided by The Forum. The term begins July 1 after being accepted.
- Team members are expected to deliver Forum workshops when their schedule allows by traveling to destinations where the workshop is to be delivered. Travel expenses for the FTFT member are covered by The Forum.
- Each Team member is expected to successfully deliver at least one workshop or webinar during their first 18 months. The inability to do so would impact their ability to continue on the Team.
- Facilitators receive a modest honorarium from The Forum in compensation for their service in conducting the workshop(s). The Forum funds Facilitators’ travel, accommodations and workshop-related travel expenses.
Training for the FTFT members
- FTFT members are expected to travel to The Forum on Education Abroad offices in Carlisle, PA periodically to participate in training. The Forum will cover lodging and meal costs for each FTFT member. FTFT members may request additional funding for travel expenses if their institution will not provide that support.
- As part of their training, Facilitators are expected to become certified by completing the Professional Certification program.
- Additional training through webinars is provided on an as needed basis: prior to delivering a workshop, or when a workshop curriculum has been revamped.