Workshops & Training
For education abroad professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad, our Forum Workshops are an excellent way to learn how to use the standards in real-world situations and share best practices with colleagues in the field.
More about the Workshops
- Workshops are typically four hours long, allowing you to experience an in-depth focus exploration of a specific area of the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad.
- Led by experienced Forum Trained Facilitators, workshops are designed to be highly interactive and participatory, timely and informative, providing you with current best practices that can be implemented in your workplace.
- Workshops may also serve as part of the Professional Certification in Education Abroad Program and the Forum Credentials.
Why You Should Attend a Forum Workshop
While The Forum also offers webinars, Open Forums, and more, Forum Workshops will give you a deep dive into the Standards that other learning opportunities cannot.
As a reminder, you can use The Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad as a tool to:
- guide program development,
- evaluate program quality,
- advocate for resources and support,
- train new professionals,
- educate stakeholders such as parents, faculty, students, etc.,
- establish and maintain respectful, sustainable relationships between partners.
You will leave Forum Workshops better prepared to implement an education abroad program that conform to the Standards.
2021 – 2022 Workshop Schedule
We know your schedule fills up quickly, which is why we’re sharing workshop dates as soon as they become available. Some workshops will be held online—this is a unique budget-friendly opportunity to participate in our workshops…no travel required. We also will be back for in person workshops in 2022! Check back soon for further details and locations.
Registration fees are listed on each workshop page. View The Forum’s cancellation and refund policy.
|Date||Location||Host Institution||Workshop Title|
|Tue, June 21 2022||Washington, DC,||The Catholic University of America||Accelerated Residency: Professional Certification|
|Tue, June 21 2022||Washington, DC,||The Catholic University of America||Framing the Standards of Good Practice|
|Tue, June 21 2022||Washington, DC,||The Catholic University of America||Program Design|
|Wed, June 22 2022||Washington, DC,||The Catholic University of America||Program Management: From Implementation to Evaluation|
|Wed, June 22 2022||Washington, DC,||The Catholic University of America||Health, Safety and Well-Being|
|Thu, June 23 2022||Washington, DC,||The Catholic University of America||Student Learning & Development I: Advising & Orientations|
|Thu, June 23 2022||Washington, DC,||The Catholic University of America||Student Learning & Development II: Reflection, Integration & Assessment|
|Wed, July 20 2022||Chapel Hill, NC||The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||Program Design|
|Wed, July 20 2022||Chapel Hill, NC||The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||Supporting Diverse Students on Study Abroad|