9. Ethics: The organization operates its programs in accordance with ethical principles, and trains its staff and students in ethical decision-making and practices.
- The organization has adopted its own code of
ethicsor that of The Forum on Education Abroad.
- The organization conducts its activities and advises students in an ethically responsible manner; faculty adhere to ethical practices in teaching and student research; and students are sensitized to the ethical implications of their academic work and activities abroad.
- The organization promotes respect for the cultures and values of the communities in which it operates.
- Does your organization have a code of ethics? How have you trained your staff to adhere to it?
- Do you advise students in an ethically responsible manner?
- Do your faculty follow ethical practices in teaching and student research?
- In what ways do you sensitize students to the ethical implications of their academic work and activities abroad?
- How do you actively promote respect for the cultures and values of the communities in which you operate?
- How are your partnerships with local institutions mutually beneficial, and how do you support your partners in their pursuit of their goals?
There are 35 items in the toolbox. Please log-in or join The Forum to access these essential resources.