4. Student Selection, Preparation, and Advising: The organization maintains fair and ethical recruitment and selection processes, adequate student preparation and advising, and ongoing student support.
- Recruitment and selection processes are fair, ethical, and transparent.
- Students are adequately prepared for the challenges of the education abroad context, with pre-departure training and
on-site orientationthat equips them to achieve academic success and broader program goals; anticipates personal, health or safety issues that might arise; and where appropriate, re-entry measures that prepare them for their return.
- The organization offers students
pre-departure and on-site academic advising, ensures placement in appropriate course and language levels, encourages academic planning and integration of coursework abroad and at the home campus, and integrates career and professional planning where possible and appropriate.
- Describe how your
recruiting and admissions proceduresare fair, ethical, and transparent.
- How do you confirm that students have sufficient academic preparation before enrolling in the program?
- In what ways do you prepare students for the challenges of the education abroad context?
- How do your pre-departure training and
on-site orientationequip students to achieve academic success and broader program goals? How do you help students prepare for personal, health, and safety issues that might arise?
- How does pre-departure and on-site advising encourage academic and professional planning?
- What kinds of
re-entry programmingare offered to address student needs?
There are 71 items in the toolbox. Please log-in or join The Forum to access these essential resources.