About This Tool
We are working as fast as we can to track information related to current and future program cancellations in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic. We hope this information will be useful to the field as you all work to respond to this unprecedented global situation.
The spreadsheet below is updated daily with information as we receive it.
Please Note: The Forum is not advocating nor advising that future programs be cancelled at this time. We are simply compiling information as we receive it from our colleagues in the field. Each institution must use their own risk assessment procedures and best judgement to decide whether program cancellation is right for them and their students.
We would like to express our sincere thanks to David Comp, of the International Higher Education Consulting (IHEC) Blog, and Jessica Oldford, Director of Global Student Experience at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, for being quick to recognize the importance of collecting information about education abroad program cancellations and travel policies in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning in January 2020 through March 17, they compiled a list of policies on academic travel, first to China, and then worldwide. Information derived from that list is included in the Program Status Tracker.
Thanks, also, to Forum intern Rachel Blackburn for assisting with daily updates.
Use the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet to navigate to:
– View program closures/cancellations/moved to remote learning by Universities and Colleges
– View program closures/cancellations/moved to remote learning by Education Abroad Program Provider Organizations
– View which programs were not closed or cancelled due to COVID-19 during the Spring 2020 term
– View which programs are still able to welcome students for upcoming terms
The document is sortable by columns. Right click on the column header to select your preferred sorting option.
To include your programs on this list:
- Your organization’s name
- Information about your program plans for 2021:
- Is programming cancelled worldwide or in specific locations? Where? Until when?
- Do you have programs that you are planning to run? Where and when? And if you are accepting applications for those, share a link to the program website.
- If you haven’t previously shared information about your 2020 programming, complete our Summer/Fall 2020 form here.
Thank you for all of the work that are you doing to help students
have safe, educational, international and intercultural experiences!