About This Tool
We are working as fast as we can to track information related to current and future program cancellations in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic. We hope this information will be useful to the field as you all work to respond to this unprecedented global situation.
The spreadsheet below is updated daily with information as we receive it.
Please Note: The Forum is not advocating nor advising that future programs be cancelled at this time. We are simply compiling information as we receive it from our colleagues in the field. Each institution must use their own risk assessment procedures and best judgement to decide whether program cancellation is right for them and their students.
We would like to express our sincere thanks to David Comp, of the International Higher Education Consulting (IHEC) Blog, and Jessica Oldford, Director of Global Student Experience at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, for being quick to recognize the importance of collecting information about education abroad program cancellations and travel policies in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning in January 2020 through March 17, they compiled a list of policies on academic travel, first to China, and then worldwide. Information derived from that list is included in the Program Status Tracker.
Thanks, also, to Forum intern Rachel Blackburn for assisting with daily updates.
Use the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet to navigate to:
– View program closures/cancellations/moved to remote learning by Universities and Colleges
– View program closures/cancellations/moved to remote learning by Education Abroad Program Provider Organizations
– View which programs were not closed or cancelled due to COVID-19 during the Spring 2020 term
– View which programs are still able to welcome students displaced from other programs for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 terms
The document is sortable by columns. Right click on the column header to select your preferred sorting option.
To include your programs on this list:
- Your organization’s name
- A list of countries where programs have been canceled by your organization, and the terms (Spring, Summer, Fall) that have been canceled for each country
- Tell us which, if any, of your Spring 2020 programs are still running? Or were able to run as planned?
- Do any of your upcoming Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 programs have the capacity to accept students displaced from other programs? If so, please tell us where and for which term. You can also send links to program pages and/or contact information for program representatives so that we can help potential partners get in touch with you.
- If you already have this information consolidated somewhere on your website or in a spreadsheet, just send us that and we’ll figure it out.
Thank you for all of the work that are you doing to help students
have safe, educational, international and intercultural experiences!