The Forum is currently accepting proposals to host regional workshops for 2019-2020. Requests for customized training are accepted on an on-going basis. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Request for Proposals: Host a Regional Workshop
1. Event Description
To continue its educational and training outreach, The Forum on Education Abroad conducts workshops throughout the year, across the country and around the world. The Forum welcomes its member institutions/organizations to submit a proposal to host workshops during the 2019-2020 academic year.
An organization/institution may choose to host one of the following full-day events. Options 1-3 consist of two half-day workshops; participants may choose to attend one or both workshops. Options 4 and 5 are full-day workshops.
Overview of the Standards of Good Practice* and Mission, Ethics and Integrity (Standards 1, 9 and The Code of Ethics)* Student Selection, Preparation, Code of Conduct and Returning Support (Standards 4 and 5)* and Health, Safety, Security and Risk Management (Standard 8)* Student Learning, Development and Academic Framework (Standards 2 and 3)* and Program Resources, Policies and Procedures (Standards 6 and 7)* Mental Health Issues in Education Abroad From A to Z: Developing an Assessment Plan to Promote Student Learning and Development
*Standards Workshops can be applied toward the Professional Certification in Education Abroad program and Competency Credential Program.
Workshops typically host 15-50 participants. Workshops that do not meet the minimum required registration may be cancelled by The Forum. Workshops include a light breakfast, lunch, and coffee service. Catering costs are covered by The Forum.
2. Host Requirements
The workshop host provides the following:
- A meeting room for the workshop
- Meeting room requirements: capacity for 15-30 participants in round-table format; Meeting space must be ADA Compliant and accessible to all attendees
- Food service requirements: ability to comfortably serve buffet-style meals and coffee service for all participants
- A/V Services – high-speed internet either by Ethernet or WiFi for session facilitators, and computer-projection capacity
- Flip charts and markers
- All meeting/function space, AV charges, and flip chart/markers must be provided on a complimentary basis.
- Signage and/or staff as needed to direct attendees to meeting spaces.
- If necessary, the host may be asked to arrange for a private space for nursing mothers, or a gender non-conforming bathroom space
Local Arrangement Requirements:
- Catering contact information/preferred vendor list; The Forum will make and pay for catering arrangements.
- Please attach a catering menu with prices to the proposal.
- Pertinent transportation information including a summary of directions, transportation from airport, local/campus map, local hotels and parking details (to be provided on website and in confirmation to participants).
- It is the expectation that the host will help to advertise the workshop(s) and generate interest and attendance.
- A staff member who will serve as the liaison with The Forum to assist in confirming meeting space reservations as well as provide details for the local arrangement requirements listed above.
- In addition, one volunteer will be needed on the day of the event to help trouble shoot, provide directions and general assistance.
3. Host Benefits
The host institution of the workshop will receive the following:
- Acknowledgement of the institution/organization’s role on The Forum’s website and in the Forum News (electronic newsletter), including the institution/organization’s logo.
- Institution to supply the official logo to be used.
- Three complimentary registrations for each workshop.
4. Implementation Plan
The Forum will notify the institution within six weeks after the deadline regarding the status of the proposal. When reviewing the proposals, The Forum will consider the proximity to major transportation, the concentration of institutions and organizations in the region, and how recently the organization has hosted a Forum workshop.
Submit a Proposal
Successful proposals will describe how the institution/organization can meet the requirements detailed above, and include all supporting documentation (such as facility floor plans, building or campus maps, catering menus, links to websites of local accommodation and transportation, and logo).