Hosting a Regional Workshop: Request for Proposals
To continue its educational and training outreach, The Forum on Education Abroad conducts workshops throughout the year, across the country and around the world. The Forum welcomes its member institutions and organizations to submit a proposal to host workshops during the academic year.
Members may choose to host one full-day workshop or two half-day workshops. Workshops typically host 15-30 participants and they may choose to attend one or both half-day workshops. Workshops include coffee service, refreshments and lunch. Catering costs are covered by The Forum. The Standards Workshops can be applied toward the Professional Certification in Education Abroad program and the Forum Credentials Program.
Please note that workshops that do not meet the minimum registration target three weeks before the event will be canceled by The Forum.
Framing the Standards of Good Practice Program Design Program Management: From Implementation to Evaluation Health, Safety and Well-Being Student Learning & Development I: Advising & Orientations Student Learning & Development II: Reflection, Integration & Assessment Mental Health Issues in Education Abroad Crafting Emergency Action Plans and Protocols From A to Z: Developing an Assessment Plan to Promote Student Learning and Development
Workshop hosts are asked to provide the following:
- Hosts are expected to collaborate with The Forum and help advertise the workshop(s) within their regions and their networks to generate interest and attendance. Promotional efforts may include advertising via email and social media.
- A meeting room for the workshop
- Meeting room requirements: capacity for 15-30 participants in round-table format. The space must be ADA compliant and accessible to all attendees.
- Food service requirements: ability to comfortably serve buffet-style meals and coffee service.
- A/V Services: high-speed WiFi internet for all attendees and computer-projection capacity.
- All meeting, function, cleaning and AV charges must be provided on a complimentary basis.
- Signage or staff as needed to direct attendees to the meeting space.
- If necessary, host may be asked to arrange for a private space for nursing mothers or a gender non-conforming bathroom space.
Local Arrangement Requirements
- Catering contact information or preferred vendor list. When possible, please attach a catering menu with prices to the proposal. Please note that The Forum will make and pay for catering arrangements.
- Pertinent transportation information including a summary of directions, transportation from airport, local/campus map, local hotels and parking details.
- The host is expected to collaborate with The Forum and help advertise the workshop(s) and generate interest and attendance.
- A staff member who will serve as the liaison with The Forum to assist in confirming meeting space reservations as well as provide details for the local arrangement requirements listed above.
- A staff member should be present the day of the event to help trouble shoot, provide directions and general assistance.
The host member will receive the following benefits
- Acknowledgement of the member’s role on The Forum’s website and in the Forum News (electronic newsletter), including the member’s logo.
- Official logo to be used should be supplied during the application process.
- Complimentary registrations for each workshop.
For every 5 paying registrants, the host organization will be granted 1 registration at no charge. (Example: 15 paying registrants = 3 registrations at no charge). The complimentary registrations can only be used by employees of the host organization and are only valid for the date and time that the workshop is held at said host organization.
The Forum will send notifications within six weeks after the deadline regarding the status of all proposals. When reviewing the proposals, The Forum will consider the proximity to major transportation, the concentration of institutions and organizations in the region, and how recently the member has hosted a Forum workshop.
Submit a Proposal
Successful proposals will describe how the member can meet the requirements detailed above, and include all supporting documentation.
Thank you for your interest in hosting a regional workshop. We are currently no longer accepting proposals for 2021-2022 workshops. The next call for regional workshops will be announced in May 2022.