Available to Forum Members only, The Forum on Education Abroad’s customized workshops provide timely training grounded in the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad. Training is tailored to focus on issues of concern to your organization.
How It Works
- Decide what Standards-based training your organization or region needs.
- Submit a proposal or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
- A member of the Forum staff will contact you to further discuss the training goals and outcomes for your training.
- The participants: Include as many as you wish. They can also be participants from other organizations and institutions in your area.
- The place: A venue conducive to an interactive learning environment and that will comfortably accommodate the number of participants.
- The particulars: Arrangements for catering and AV equipment.
The Forum provides
- All participant and trainer materials (including a copy of the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad, and other print resources as appropriate for each participant).
- Forum trained professionals to deliver the workshop.
- Invoicing for the workshop and all associated travel costs for the trainer(s).
Framing the Standards of Good Practice Program Design Program Management: From Implementation to Evaluation Health, Safety and Well-Being Student Learning & Development I: Advising & Orientations Student Learning & Development II: Reflection, Integration & Assessment Mental Health Issues in Education Abroad Crafting Emergency Action Plans and Protocols From A to Z: Developing an Assessment Plan to Promote Student Learning and Development
Possible examples of how you could design your training might include:
|8 hour workshop
|Train faculty leaders on the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad during the morning followed by a focus on Health, Safety, Security and Risk Management as informed by the Standards of Good Practice.|
|12 hour workshop
|Train staff on the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad while focusing on three specific Standards topics (i.e., Program Design, Program Management and Student Learning & Development).|
|Number* of Participants||Number of Trainers||Length of Training||2018-2021 Customized Training Fees
(Plus travel and accommodation)
|1-15||1||4 hours (1/2 day)||$1,920|
|1-15||1||8 hours (1 full day)||$2,800|
|1-15||1||12 hours (1.5 days)||$3,440|
|16-30||1||4 hours (1/2 day)||$3,840|
|16-30||2||8 hours (1 full day)||$5,600|
|16-30||2||12 hours (1.5 days)||$6,880|
|31-50||1||4 hours (1/2 day)||$7,440|
|31-50||2||8 hours (1 full day)||$10,850|
*For groups larger than 50 participants, please contact us for pricing.
Submit a proposal today!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com to discuss your ideas and options.
“Whitworth [University] chose to host a customized training because I wanted specific information to be shared with our faculty. The training was primarily for our faculty who either lead or might lead programs, but the study abroad staff also attended. I wanted our faculty to get a better idea of what the professional field of study abroad looks like and that I don’t recommend policies and best practices in a vacuum. About 14 people attended and the consensus was that it was a very worthwhile event. A wonderful outcome was increased appreciation for the field, the Standards of Good Practice and all the resources that go with them. For me though, the best outcome was that a chemistry professor who had never led a program abroad before, was inspired and encouraged enough to propose one. It was accepted, and she already has students signed up to go.”
~ Sue Jackson, Whitworth University