CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The conference theme and Call for Proposals will be announced in November 2017.
Session Proposal Tips and Suggestions
What makes a session proposal work?
- Diverse points of view and multiple voices on the session topic: this can mean different institutions and organizations, and/or types of education abroad colleagues and partners, or contributors from outside the field of education abroad;
- A plan for creating an interactive atmosphere that stimulates dialogue or small group discussions among attendees;
- Ample time for comments and/or questions from the attendees;
- A topic that clearly relates to the conference theme;
- A balance of theory and practice;
- Concrete conclusions: sessions offering specific tips and tools, applications of theory, or lessons learned provide valuable ‘take-aways’ for colleagues;
- Consideration for the different constituencies in education abroad;
- Demonstrated professionalism, preparation, and personality.
What doesn’t work?
- Panels that focus on the accomplishments of only one institution, organization, or program;
- Panels of more than 4 presenters;
- Proposals lacking planned audience engagement and interaction;
- Reading scholarly papers.