8. Health, Safety, Security, and Risk Management: The organization prioritizes the health, safety, and security of its students through policies, procedures, advising, orientation, and training.
- The organization prioritizes health, safety, and security in program development, implementation, and management, conducting appropriate
risk assessmentsfor program sites and activities, maintaining written emergency plansand protocols, and identifying and leveraging relevant authorities, networks and resources.
- Staff are trained to anticipate and respond responsibly to student
health, safety, or security issues; students are trained to responsibly manage their own health, safety, and security while abroad; and measures are in place for ongoing monitoring of and advising on health, safety, and security issues through a range of U.S. Department of State and other appropriate resources.
- The organization maintains appropriate kinds of
insuranceat recommended levels, operates in compliance with local laws, and follows best practices in reporting on critical incidents.
- What are the health, safety, and security risks that your students face? How are these risks considered in program development, implementation, and management?
- Do you regularly conduct risk assessments for program sites and activities?
- Do you maintain written emergency plans and protocols, and do they utilize both U.S. and local authorities and resources?
- How does your organization routinely access a range of resources, including but not limited to, the U.S. Department of State and other applicable U.S. and in-country governmental agencies, to monitor and advise on health, safety, and security issues? How do you ensure that all participants receive timely updates on health, safety, and security issues?
- How are staff trained to anticipate and respond to student health, safety, and security risks?
- How are your students trained to responsibly manage their own health, safety, and security while abroad?
- What measures are in place to routinely monitor and advise students on health, safety, and security risks?
- Do you maintain appropriate kinds of insurance for your programs at recommended levels?
- Do you operate in compliance with local laws and regulations?
- What are your procedures for reporting critical incidents? Are these procedures aligned with best practices and
There are 55 items in the toolbox. Please log-in or join The Forum to access these essential resources.