5. Student Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Measures: The organization articulates clear and accessible guidelines for student behavior and consequences resulting from violations.
- Expectations for student conduct are provided to students both prior to departure and on-site, with clearly articulated policies regarding drug and alcohol use, culturally-appropriate behavior, sexual harassment or assault, rules related to travel and housing, and any other policies that would carry disciplinary sanctions if violated.
- Sanctions for the violation of policies governing student conduct are clearly defined and shared with students prior to departure and on-site.
- An appeal process for disciplinary measures exists and is accessible to students.
- What are your
policies for student behaviorand how are they made accessible?
- Do your policies effectively represent your expectations concerning drug and alcohol use, culturally-appropriate behavior, sexual harassment or assault, travel and housing, or any other behavior that might result in disciplinary action?
- Do you inform students about your behavioral guidelines both before departure and on-site?
- Do students understand the potential sanctions they would face for disciplinary violations?
- What is the appeal process for decisions about code of conduct violations?
There are 9 items in the toolbox. Please log-in or join The Forum to access these essential resources.