Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad, 6th Edition
5. Administrative Framework
5.2. Financial and Human Resources
184.108.40.206. Each responsible party shall consider local standards and cost of living when determining a fair and ethical level of remuneration.
220.127.116.11. Each responsible party shall invest in training specific to
18.104.22.168. Each responsible party should define “qualified” relative to the
- academic qualifications
- professional certifications
5.2.6. Responsible parties should ensure that facilities and infrastructure, including housing, are suited to the
5.2.7. Responsible parties shall provide a safe environment that supports learning for all
Shall = minimum requirement | Should = recommendation | Can = possibility
- How do you ensure fiscal responsibility?
- What is your cycle of planning, delivery,
- How do you determine the funding and staffing levels needed for each
programto meet its goals? How do you meet these levels?
- What are your policies governing hiring, training, compensation, benefits, and
- How do you ensure that responsible parties’ credentials and backgrounds are appropriate for your
- How do you train responsible parties to anticipate and respond to
participanthealth, safety, and security risks in the education abroad context?
- How do you ensure that the facilities and infrastructure for a
programsuit the goalsof the program?
- How do you ensure that facilities reasonably accommodate
participants and personnelof varying needs and disability statuses?
- How do you prepare responsible parties to work with, educate, and serve
historically underrepresentedand historically underserved students?
There are 37 items in the toolbox. Please log-in or join The Forum to access these essential resources.