4. Guiding Principles
4.4. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
4.4.7. Responsible parties should
Shall = minimum requirement | Should = recommendation | Can = possibility
- How do you prioritize
equity, diversityand inclusion?
- How do you establish
equitableand inclusivepolicies and procedures?
- How do you establish contacts and connections with diverse partners?
- How do
students hear about education abroadand learn about how programofferings can support their goalsand benefits their future?
- What are the different patterns of participation in your
education abroad programs based on race/ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation or physical/mental ability?
- How do you know that the
programs offered are of interest to historically underrepresentedand historically underserved students in terms of location, academic content, and length?
- What types of outreach efforts do you use to encourage
historically underrepresentedand historically underserved students to participate in education abroad?
- How do advising materials and resources intentionally address the needs and concerns related to the identities of
historically underrepresentedand historically underserved students?
- How do orientations and the experience on-site include discussions of
diversity, equity, and inclusion/exclusion?
- How do responsible parties make an effort to identify resource opportunities regarding participation,
assessmentor research related to student diversity, equityand inclusion/exclusion issues in education abroad programs?
- How do the
curricularand co-curricularprogramming, including assigned readings, excursions, and guest speakers include diverse perspectives and practice inclusivepedagogy?
- How do you ensure that
personneland participants are aware of what constitutes discriminatory behavior in context?