4. Guiding Principles
4.3.2. Each organization shall prepare its personnel for ethical decision-making and practices.
4.3.3. Responsible parties shall conduct
4.3.4. Responsible parties shall adhere to ethical practices in teaching, work, service/volunteering, and research abroad.
4.3.5. Responsible parties shall make
Shall = minimum requirement | Should = recommendation | Can = possibility
- How does your ethical code align with the
ethicsoutlined by The Forum on Education Abroad?
- How have you prepared responsible parties for ethical decision-making and practices?
- How do you advise
students in an ethically responsible manner?
- How do responsible parties follow ethical practices in teaching, work, service/volunteering, and research?
- How do you actively promote respect for the cultures and values of the communities in which you operate among
students and personnel?
- How do you sensitize
students to the impact of their presence on the communities and environments they visit?
- What steps do you take to limit or mitigate negative impacts of your programming on local communities and environments?