Here are some recommendations for recording your podcast episode. You may record via Zoom or similar web conferencing platforms, or on your phone. Some smart phones, such as iPhones, have a voice memo feature that allows you to record audio and email it to yourself. We encourage you to:
- Find a quiet place, where there is little background noise and few distractions.
- Be sure to mute cell phones and other devices.
- For the best sound quality, make sure the microphone on your device is pointed towards the speaker.
- Test your recording equipment. Make a test recording and listen to it. Experiment to find the best sound quality. Only high quality audio will be used in the Forum Storytellers Podcast.
Begin the interview by stating the following:
- Date of recording
- Location of recording
- Narrator/Interviewee name(s) and affiliation(s)
- Interviewer name(s) and affiliation(s)
- Proposed subject of the recording
Only one person should speak at a time.
Feel free to edit your recording as you’d like. There are a number of free audio editing software platforms available. The Forum will also listen to each episode and edit as appropriate. You may also submit unedited recordings and leave the editing to us.
All voices heard in interviews must belong to individuals who have agreed to be recorded for this purpose.
The Forum reserves the right to edit and or reject recordings containing sensitive or objectionable material.