Membership Renewal Payments
Forum membership is based on The Forum’s fiscal year cycle (July 1 – June 30). Renewal invoices are typically sent via email to institutional representatives in April/May and renewal payments are due by the end of July.
If you have any questions or concerns about your renewal invoice, you may contact The Forum’s billing department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request Your Renewal Invoice
Dear Forum Members,
The Forum on Education Abroad is sincerely grateful for your membership in 2019-2020 and your efforts to ensure quality education abroad experiences for all students. It has been heartbreaking to see the pandemic’s impact on our field, yet we feel so much pride in the care and consideration demonstrated for students, including both their physical safety and academic continuity. While student mobility may be paused for the time being, our advocacy for the field and hard work must continue, and The Forum is committed to supporting you through the challenges ahead.
We understand that our member institutions and organizations are managing priorities, restricting budgets, and facing difficult decisions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is our hope that you will prioritize your Forum membership and the value that it provides your institution.
- As the Standards Development Organization for education abroad, The Forum recently published the 6th Edition of the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad, which includes updated guidance on key issues and members-only resources.
- The Forum is in the process of developing new guidance on virtual exchanges and global learning online, and best practice examples are already available to members on the Forum website.
- After successfully pivoting this year’s Annual Conference to a virtual format, The Forum will continue to offer virtual trainings and events throughout year, at a reduced cost for members, to provide much-needed occasions for timely discussion, critical thinking, and professional development.
- The Forum continues to add to its list of COVID-19 resources and services, which have included free webinars (and recordings) to address COVID-19 response and challenges, a tool to track program cancellations, and complimentary individual membership for colleagues who have been laid off from Forum member institutions as a result of the pandemic.
- Institutional membership benefits are available to ALL employees of your organization, including reduced fees and log-in access to resources.
As you may know, The Forum just recently updated its mission statement:
The Forum on Education Abroad cultivates educators who champion high quality education abroad experiences that ignite curiosity, impact lives, and contribute to a better world.
This mission inspires us. We are inspired to continue this work even in the most challenging of times; yet The Forum needs the support and contributions of its members to continue that mission. We too have been forced to reduce our expenses and tighten our budget, but your membership dues will allow us to continue offering the highest level of training and services.
We invite you now to renew your institutional membership in The Forum for 2020-2021, to support The Forum’s new mission, to contribute to the standardization of best practices in the field, to stay connected with colleagues, and to develop the professional expertise of you and your staff. If your institution or organization can’t afford to pay its dues in full at this time, please contact us so that we can try to accommodate your needs.
Today’s global health crisis has highlighted the need, now more than ever, for community, dialogue, and best practices. What has always been and remains true about The Forum’s community of members is the support that we offer each other and the benefit this provides to the field. We look forward to our ongoing partnership with you in 2020-2021 as we continue to champion high quality education abroad.
Click this link to pay by credit card online: http://www.forumea.org/invoice-payment
Contact Michael Landis, Director of Finance, at email@example.com for alternative methods of payment.
Director for Membership and Outreach
President and CEO