Professional Certification: Fees
The fee for the Certification Program is:
- $1,850 for an individual employed by a Forum member institution, less the application fee ($200)
Group Discount for Members:
Three or more participants from a Forum member institution = $1550 per participant
The Forum strongly encourages institutions to submit three or more applications at the same time in order for the group discount to be applied to all participants. Applications submitted within six months of each other will qualify for the group discount. The group discount will be applied at the time the third application is received. Individuals who apply for and receive a scholarship are not eligible for the group discount and may not be counted as one of the three participants to qualify for the group discount.
- $2,550 for a non-member, less the application fee ($300)
The fee includes the following:
- All six certification modules, including attendance in person or online at six workshops*
- Assessment of Standards Assignments, including the Culminating Project
- Certificate upon successful completion of the Program; use of “Certified Professional” mark
- Ongoing certification maintenance for as long as the individual is employed in the field of education abroad at a Forum member institution or organization
Participants may pay in full at the time of acceptance into the Program or pay in three equal payment installments submitted at the following intervals:
- time of acceptance into the Program
- after three of the modules have successfully been completed
- prior to starting the Culminating Project
*If you attended Standards of Good Practice Workshops since March, 2015, The Forum will apply the early-bird registration fee for each workshop you attended toward the Professional Certification fee.
Administrative Fee for Certification Maintenance
- Member = There is no fee for certification maintenance as long as an individual is employed by a Forum institutional member.
- Non-Member = $100/every two years
Scholarships are available to individuals who are applying for the Certification Program without the financial support of their institution; additionally, the individual must be from a member institution. To be considered for a scholarship, indicate your interest and provide the requested information on the Professional Certification application form. Applicants will be asked to demonstrate financial need and how certification will benefit them and their organization. Scholarship awards may range from $250 to $750, depending on applicant need, and will be applied to Program tuition.
Scholarship support for the Professional Certification Program is provided by membership and a generous donation from Sara’s Wish Foundation.
Withdrawal from the Program
Participants who embark on the Certification Program and then choose not to complete all of the modules and associated Standards Assignments that comprise the Program within the recommended three years will not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid.
In cases where documented, extenuating circumstances beyond the participant’s control develop, the following refund schedule will apply:
- Withdrawal from program after 1/3 complete (participation in all 6 workshops) = Credit of 50% of program fee
- Withdrawal from program after 1/2 complete (participation in all 6 workshops plus at least 2 assignments completed) = Credit of 25% of program fee
- Withdrawal from program after 2/3 completion (participation in all 6 workshops plus at least 5 assignments completed) = Credit of 10% of program fee
Please note that if your institution pays the Certification fee and you later withdraw from the program or leave the institution, the refund/credit will be issued back to the institution, according to the withdraw policy above. If you plan to continue with Certification at another institution, the full Certification fee will be due, less the application fee. (Policy updated 6/14/2017)