Professional Certification: Application & Eligibility
The Forum Certification Program is intended for professionals who are active in the education abroad field. Participants must have a minimum of one year of full-time employment experience in the education abroad field in a professional, advising or teaching capacity at an institution, organization or affiliated entity that sponsors or supports education abroad programs.
To apply, complete the online application form. Applicants will be asked to provide:
- Current curriculum vitae or résumé
- Contact information of one professional reference
- Personal statement describing what the applicant expects to gain from participation in the Certification Program
- Optional letter of reference may be submitted by a supervisor as a way of expressing support of the applicant’s place of employment
Application Deadline: Applicants may apply to the Program at any time; acceptance will be on a rolling admission basis. However, there are registration deadlines for each workshop. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the program within two weeks of receipt of their application and application fee.
Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee is required and serves as a deposit credited to the certification fee, as follows:
- $200 application fee for participants from Forum member institutions
- $300 application fee for participants from non-member institutions
Applicants will be invoiced for the application fee after their application has been received.
Scholarships are available to help fund the participation of colleagues from member institutions who otherwise could not afford to enroll because of lack of institutional resources or support. To be considered for a scholarship, indicate your interest and provide the requested information on the Professional Certification application form. Applicants will be asked to demonstrate financial need and how certification will benefit them and their organization. Scholarship awards may range from $250 to $750, depending on applicant need, and will be applied to Program tuition. No more than two scholarships will be awarded to any organization/institution.
Scholarship support is provided by membership and a generous donation from Sara’s Wish Foundation.