The Forum is a trusted leader in education abroad and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission as the Standards Development Organization for the field. We provide high quality resources, best practices, training, and services aimed at supporting professionals and helping organizations to improve their education abroad programming. Forum Consulting is one more way we can help institutions and organizations to address their challenges, meet their goals, and improve their education abroad systems, operations and outcomes. Especially now, when the world of higher education has rapidly changed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Forum Consulting is an effective tool for members and non-members to address their education abroad needs with expert guidance.
Put The Forum’s experience and network to work for you.
Featured Service: Crisis Management Consulting
Are you struggling with pandemic response? Are you prepared for a second or third wave of COVID-19? As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, The Forum has experienced risk and emergency management expertise available to help your organization. While it is not possible to anticipate exactly how any crisis will unfold, expert consultants can evaluate your organization-specific plans and response efforts, and provide feedback and guidance to help you address current and future challenges.
Forum consultants provide guidance related to:
- Crisis debriefing and assessment of past crisis response efforts
- Developing, implementing, or improving crisis management plans
- Scenario planning
- Program development with an eye to risk mitigation and crisis management
- Developing sound decision-making protocols
- Identifying reliable and relevant data and information sources to inform your risk management and crisis response processes
- Reviewing waivers, contractual agreements, and/or informed consent documents related to COVID-19 or other health, safety, and security issues
- Elevated-risk destination reviews and approvals
- Effective emergency communications
- Identifying existing resources from which to leverage expertise
- Guidance on identifying, strengthening, and maintaining a strategic network of on- and off-campus subject matter experts.
From high-level strategic guidance, to practical implementation, Forum consultants can assist you to manage unforeseen circumstances with confidence.
Crisis Management Consulting Pricing
Crisis management projects typically take approximately one month to complete and range in price from $3000-$6000 for members and $5000-$8000 for non-members, depending on complexity. The $3000 base fee includes one consultant; if a team of two consultants are desired, the fee will be adjusted accordingly.
The Forum is offering complimentary Crisis Management Consulting to a limited number of members!
The deadline to apply was June 26, 2020.
Additional Consulting Services
Forum consultants offer objective external perspectives and specialized skills to offer practical solutions to the challenges facing your organization.
We offer consulting services related to:
- Health and safety (health insurance, risk mitigation, crisis management);
- Office administration (management, structure, staffing, position descriptions, funding practices, salaries, technology, efficiencies, etc.)
- Enrollment management (marketing, recruitment, admission, etc.);
- Offerings (study, internship, work, service learning, volunteer, etc.);
- Advising (program, financial, immigration, travel, academic, health, etc.);
- Transition (orientation, integration, and re-entry);
- New program development
- Program management (program logistics, evaluation, assessment, etc.);
- Policies and procedures
- Other Education Abroad needs
Forum Consulting Process
- Inquiry: Organization completes web form to request information about a consultancy to meet their needs. The form includes information about scope of services, issues to be addressed, and preferred timeline.
- Proposal: The client shares background information with Forum proposal manager. Forum proposal manager works with the client to agree upon the deliverables and timeline, the skills or experience the Forum Consultant should possess, and to communicate the fee. Potential consultants and a proposal are presented to the client. If the client approves, the contract is signed and a deposit is paid.
- Virtual Meetings: After an introductory meeting between the client and consultant(s), arranged by Forum staff, the consultant(s) arrange regular meetings with the client and key stakeholders necessary to complete the project.
- Project Completion: Depending on the type of project, the consultant may deliver a detailed report with observations and recommendations, a presentation that the project sponsor may use with key stakeholders, a new crisis management plan that the client can implement, etc.
- Follow-up: The consultant(s) remains available to the client for questions for two weeks after project completion.
Specific product pricing: Consultancy fees are based on a project-by-project basis, based on the scope and duration of the project.
Praise for Forum Consulting
“Thank you for a very helpful, clear, and orderly reflection of our strengths and our ‘developing strengths’ (aka ‘weaknesses’). I am so happy I called on The Forum to help us complete the assessment, and grateful The Forum was able to assemble such a fantastic team of insightful, thoughtful professionals to work with us. It is clear from the report that this team grasped the complexity of our organization, the talents and reach of many of our people, and the effects of the external forces we are attempting to address as we grow our international presence.”