Information for Forum Members
2019-2020 Membership Revisions
The Forum Board and leadership have convened a task force to streamline the structure and categories for Forum membership. The membership structure has not been amended since 2011 and The Forum’s continued growth and evolution present the opportunity to readdress the definitions and categories to better serve our members.
The task force is working under the following guiding principles:
- To provide clear, simple, and fair categories that reflect the institutional diversity of our membership;
- To better allow for participation of institutions and organizations based outside of the U.S.;
- To expand opportunities for membership by individuals and organizations affiliated with the field;
- To engage institutions that are currently underrepresented in the membership.
Revisions to the membership structure will be rolled out in phases over the next two years, with the first set of approved changes going into effect for the 2019-2020 membership year. Subsequently, the membership structure and fees will be reviewed on a two-year cycle to ensure that The Forum continues to engage and meet the needs of its diverse membership.
Request Log-in Access
The Forum on Education Abroad is an institutional membership association. Under the institutional membership, all employees of the member institution—staff, administrators, faculty, etc.—may take advantage of Forum membership benefits. One such benefit is log-in access to The Forum’s online member resources. Online resources include the Standards Toolboxes, Curriculum Toolbox, Outcomes Toolbox, The Education Abroad Digital Resource Center, and more. Each employee at a Forum member institution is permitted to request log-in information.
Request Log-in Access
Graduate students at a member institution are also permitted to request log-in access. Graduate students will be asked to provide expected date of graduation before access is granted.
Membership Renewal Payments
Forum membership is based on The Forum’s fiscal year cycle (July 1 – June 30). Renewal invoices are typically sent via email to institutional representatives in April/May and renewal payments are due by the end of July.
To pay an invoice from The Forum on Education Abroad, click the button below to pay via a secure online payment form. If you have any questions or concerns about your renewal invoice, you may contact The Forum’s finance director at +1 717-245-1031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Your Invoice
Quality Assurance & Professional Development
- The opportunity to apply for a Quality Improvement Program (QUIP) Review, The Forum’s signature quality assurance process that recognizes members for meeting the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad;
- Reduced fees for staff members to earn The Forum’s Professional Certification in Education Abroad, and no fee for Certification maintenance;
- Discounted registration for all staff members at The Forum’s Annual and European conference, Standards Institutes, and Forum workshops;
- The ability for staff members to apply for the Ron Koehn Grant Award, Annual Conference travel grants and European Conference travel grants to help fund conference participation;
- Participation in members-only webinars and discounted registration for other topic-based webinars throughout the year;
Resources & Research
- Ability for all faculty and staff members at the institution/organization to have log-in access to The Forum’s online resources, which include:
- Standards Toolboxes, which provide vetted materials contributed by members to aid your institution in implementing the Standards of Good Practice;
- The Curriculum Toolbox, an online resource center for faculty and administrators to share their unique approaches to encouraging student learning abroad;
- The Education Abroad Digital Resource Center, a collaboration between The Forum and The New York Times in Education;
- Free access to the Critical Incident Database (CID), a secure, user-friendly tool that can be used to track critical incidents that occur while students are off-campus, including reportable information as required by the Clery Act, Title IX, and VAWA;
- Access to NYTimes.com and NYTimes Smartphone Apps for all of your students studying abroad at the cost of $1.10 per year, per student, with a minimum charge of $1,000;
- The ability to post open positions on ForumJobs: The Forum’s online job board service;
- Participation in Forum-sponsored research projects and surveys;
Participation & Visibility
- Participation in a community of institutions and organizations committed to applying best practices in the field and advocating for quality education abroad for students;
- Participation in a network of colleagues and peers committed to learning best practices, discussing common challenges, and networking with other professionals in the field;
- Participation in the development of standards and guidelines for the field of education abroad;
- Sponsorship and exhibit opportunities at Forum events;
- Opportunities to host regional Forum workshops;
- The opportunity for staff members to apply to be a Forum Trained Facilitator, Certification Assessor, or QUIP Peer Reviewer;
- The opportunity to nominate students for the Award for Academic Achievement Abroad;
- The opportunity to nominate colleagues for the Peter A. Wollitzer Advocacy Award.
- Use of The Forum membership logo on your institution’s website and in publications.
Subscribe to the Forum News
Stay informed of all Forum announcements, deadlines and events by subscribing to The Forum’s weekly e-newsletter.
There are 4 items in the toolbox. Please log-in or join The Forum to access these essential resources.