Information for Forum Members
2019-2020 Membership Revisions
The Forum Board and leadership have convened a task force to streamline the structure and categories for Forum membership. The membership structure has not been amended since 2011 and The Forum’s continued growth and evolution present the opportunity to readdress the definitions and categories to better serve our members.
The task force is working under the following guiding principles:
- To provide clear, simple, and fair categories that reflect the institutional diversity of our membership;
- To better allow for participation of institutions and organizations based outside of the U.S.;
- To expand opportunities for membership by individuals and organizations affiliated with the field;
- To engage institutions that are currently underrepresented in the membership.
Revisions to the membership structure will be rolled out in phases over the next two years, with the first set of approved changes going into effect for the 2019-2020 membership year. Subsequently, the membership structure and fees will be reviewed on a two-year cycle to ensure that The Forum continues to engage and meet the needs of its diverse membership.
Members are invited to review the task force’s first set of proposed revisions and submit their feedback. Comments and suggestions must be submitted by April 26.
Review the Proposal
Request Log-in Access
The Forum on Education Abroad is an institutional membership association. Under the institutional membership, all employees of the member institution—staff, administrators, faculty, etc.—may take advantage of Forum membership benefits. One such benefit is log-in access to The Forum’s online member resources. Online resources include the Standards Toolboxes, Curriculum Toolbox, Outcomes Toolbox, The Education Abroad Digital Resource Center, and more. Each employee at a Forum member institution is permitted to request log-in information.
Request Log-in Access
Graduate students at a member institution are also permitted to request log-in access. Graduate students will be asked to provide expected date of graduation before access is granted.
Membership Renewal Payments
Forum membership is based on The Forum’s fiscal year cycle (July 1 – June 30). Renewal invoices are typically sent via email to institutional representatives in April/May and renewal payments are due by the end of July.
To pay an invoice from The Forum on Education Abroad, click on the link below to pay via a secure online payment form. If you have any questions or concerns about your renewal invoice, you may contact The Forum’s finance manager at +1 717-245-1031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participation in setting the standards for the education abroad field;
- Discounted registration at The Forum’s Annual and European conferences, Standards Institutes, and Forum workshops;
- Participation in members-only webinars and discounted registration for other topic-based webinars throughout the year;
- Sponsorship and exhibit opportunities at Forum events;
- Ability for all faculty and staff members at the organization to request their own log-in credentials to access The Forum’s online resources, which include:
- The Standards Toolbox, which provides vetted materials contributed by members to aid your institution in implementing the Standards of Good Practice;
- The Curriculum Toolbox, an online resource center for faculty and administrators to share their unique approaches to encouraging student learning abroad;
- The Education Abroad Digital Resource Center, a collaboration between The Forum and The New York Times in Education;
- Free access to the Critical Incident Database (CID), a secure, user-friendly tool that can be used to track critical incidents that occur while students are off-campus, including reportable information as required by the Clery Act, Title IX, and VAWA;
- Reduced fees for The Forum’s Professional Certification in Education Abroad, and no fee for Certification maintenance;
- The opportunity to apply for a Quality Improvement Program (QUIP) Review, The Forum’s signature quality assurance process that recognizes members for meeting the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad;
- Access to NYTimes.com and NYTimes Smartphone Apps for all students studying abroad at the cost of $1.10 per year, per student, with a minimum charge of $1,000;
- Use of The Forum membership logo on your institution’s website and in publications;
- Participation in Forum-sponsored research projects and surveys;
- The ability to post on ForumJobs: The Forum’s online job board service;
- The ability to apply for the Ron Koehn Grant Award, Annual Conference travel grants and European Conference travel grants;
- The opportunity to nominate students for the Award for Academic Achievement Abroad;
- The opportunity to nominate colleagues for the Peter A. Wollitzer Advocacy Award
Subscribe to the Forum News
Stay informed of all Forum announcements, deadlines and events by subscribing to The Forum’s weekly e-newsletter.
There are 4 items in the toolbox. Please log-in or join The Forum to access these essential resources.