The Forum Review Panel (FRP) is a volunteer committee that plays a critically important role in The Forum’s Quality Improvement Program (QUIP) by making the final determination of whether or not an institution or organization that participates in a QUIP Review is in substantial conformity with The Forum’s Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad.
Forum Review Panel
Sheila Bayne (Tufts University)
Martin Hogan (DIS – Study Abroad in Scandinavia)
Kim Kreutzer (University of Colorado Boulder, retired)
Michael Steinberg (IES Abroad)
David Shallenberger (SIT Graduate Institute)
Lee Sternberger (James Madison University)
Susan Buck Sutton (Bryn Mawr College)
Qualifications of FRP Members
- should be seasoned education abroad professionals with broad and substantial experience in the field, including at least 10 years in education abroad and 5 years in a senior leadership role;
- should have applicable experience in program and/or higher education assessment and evaluation;
- should be highly respected individuals of the utmost integrity with a known record of accomplishment in education abroad;
- need not be from a Forum member institution;
- may not currently be serving on The Forum Council or The Forum Board of Directors;
- may not serve as QUIP Peer Reviewers during their tenure on the FRP.
Appointment of FRP Members
FRP members are nominated by a committee consisting of: Forum QUIP staff members, the Chair of The Forum Council Standards Committee, and a Board member appointed by the Board’s Executive Committee. Based on the recommendations of this FRP nomination committee, FRP members are appointed by The Forum’s President and CEO.
Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest
Each FRP member must sign a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement and a conflict of interest disclosure statement. FRP members will be asked to recuse themselves from any review for which there exists a real or perceived conflict of interest.