Thursday, October 13, 2022
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm UK time BST (UTC+1)
Syracuse University, London Seminar Pre-Conference Workshop
Faraday House, 48 Old Gloucester St, London WC1N 3AE, United Kingdom
This workshop will review current trends in mental health support for traditional college-aged students, with specific focus on:
- Understanding high-risk behaviors,
- Identifying stress induced behaviors,
- Discussing concerns related to legal and practical responses to mental health crisis,
- Providing models for pre-departure mental health screening,
- Introducing strategies for managing mental health concerns when they occur.
This is an interactive workshop that engages participants in discussion of case studies, role analysis, and application of The Standards of Good Practice.
|Breeda McGrath The Chicago School of Professional Psychology|
|Marissa Lombardi The Forum on Education Abroad|
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
- Education abroad administrators
- Faculty who lead education abroad programs
- Onsite resident directors and staff
- Risk managers
- Mental health professionals who work closely with traditional college-aged students
- Community members such as internship or volunteer supervisors or home stay families
Learning Outcomes/How You’ll Benefit
- Understand the unique mental health concerns related to the current generation of students on education abroad programs;
- Learn strategies for preparing for and responding to common mental health issues;
- Knowledge of The Standards of Good Practice and how The Standards can inform program development, policy, and student preparation on education abroad programs.
Regular Rate Late Registration Forum Member $300 $375 Non-Member $380 $455
- Early registration: August 11 – September 12
- Regular registration: September 13 – October 13
- Due to space limitations we recommend registering early
If the registration page does not load, please refresh the page and use Chrome as your browser. If the issue continues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
- To register to the full Seminar Academia Sector Committee Fall 2022 Health, Safety, & Security in London click here