Wednesday, September 30, 2020
1 p.m. – 5 p.m. EDT / UTC−04:00
This workshop focuses on advising and orientations as an educational endeavor for students as they prepare for their experience abroad. Using different scenarios and group work activities, you will learn how the Standards of Good Practice can assist in developing or improving advising techniques and student orientations.
Topics covered by this workshop include:
• Discovering the needs of students
• Advising as a matchmaking process
• Structuring effective orientations
• Objectives and learning outcomes
This workshop is designed for you to share best practices while also learning from colleagues in the field. It also addresses the needs of inbound and outbound student advisors.
This workshop is part of Module 5 of The Forum’s Professional Certification Program.
|Registration Type||Regular Rate||Late Registration|
Regular Registration: July 01, 2020 – September 15, 2020
Late Registration: September 16, 2020 – September 30, 2020
Full-time graduate students may qualify for a 25% discount. A group discount of $20/person is offered to four or more paying workshop attendees from the same member institution or organization. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Continue with your training
Enrollment in these programs includes:
• Attendance to this live workshop
• Online access to the pre-recorded workshop
• Assessment of Standards Assignments
• Forum Credential digital badge to be used on social media and networking sites upon successfully completing the accompanying Standards Assignments.
For more information about these programs contact us at email@example.com.
This workshop is offered in partnership with:
For further information about this workshop contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.