When it comes to providing education abroad experiences that go above and beyond, excellent advising is key! Did you know that in the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad, advising is discussed extensively in the 6th edition? For advisors who want to offer the ultimate advising experience for their students, sign up for this workshop to learn how!
About the Workshop
Learn from the Standards and your fellow education abroad colleagues how to serve your students with stellar advising services.
Topics covered by this workshop include:
• Discovering the needs of students
• Advising as a matchmaking process
• Structuring effective orientations
• Objectives and learning outcomes
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
Advisors: This one’s for you! Whether you advise inbound or outbound students, this workshop will help you better advise your students.
How You’ll Benefit
Using different scenarios and group work activities, you’ll learn how the Standards of Good Practice can assist in developing or improving advising techniques and student orientations.
Note: If you are enrolled in the Professional Certification in Education Abroad Program or you’ll like to begin your Professional Certification journey, this workshop will count towards Module 5.
|Regular Rate||Late Registration|
Regular Registration: May 01, 2021 – November 02, 2021
Late Registration: November 03, 2021 – November 17, 2021
Full-time graduate students may qualify for a 25% discount. A group discount of $20/person is offered to four or more paying workshop attendees from the same member institution or organization. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Continue with your training
How? Enrollment in these programs includes:
• Attendance to this live workshop
• Online access to the pre-recorded workshop
• Assessment of Standards Assignments
• Forum Credential Digital Badge to be used on your résumé or CV, social media, and networking sites upon successfully completing the accompanying Standards Assignments.
For more information about these programs contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.