Wednesday, October 19, 2022
8:00 am – 12:00 pm European Central Time
Hosted by Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
This interactive workshop is based on the 6th Edition of the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad. Maintaining a proactive risk management strategy means incorporating the elements of student health, safety, and well-being. The Standards will be our guide as we explore the range of actions education abroad program developers, advisors, and onsite staff can take to create an environment where student health, safety, and well-being are at the forefront of the education abroad experience.
As a group, participants will explore these questions:
- Well–being – what is it and how do we support it?
- Why do we care about risk management?
- What can we do to mitigate risk?
This is an interactive workshop that engages participants in discussion of case studies, role analysis, and application of The Standards of Good Practice. It is offered as part of the Accelerated Residency for the Professional Certification in Education Program. You can attend only this workshop, or attend all of the workshops offered during the Accelerated Residency, by enrolling in the Professional Certification in Education Abroad Program.
|Marissa Lombardi – The Forum on Education Abroad|
|Margherita Pasquini – Universitá Cattolica de Sacro Coure|
About the Workshop
This workshop is Module 4 of the Professional Certification in Education Abroad and is facilitated by a trained Forum on Education Abroad Facilitator.
Questions about the Professional Certification program can be directed to: email@example.com.Accelerated Residency
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
- Education abroad administrators
- Faculty who lead education abroad programs
- Onsite resident directors and staff
- Risk managers
- Student life administrators
- Senior university administrators
- Organizations that support education abroad such as insurance providers, travel organizations, tour operators, health provider professionals
- Community members such as internship or volunteer supervisors or home stay families
- Participants in the Professional Certification in Education Abroad program.
Learning Outcomes/How You’ll Benefit
- How to apply The Standards of Good Practice in the development of risk response protocols, program policies, program design, and resource development.
- How to use data, and where to find it, to make informed decisions about risk management.
- Strategies for responding to real life situations.
Registration: July 9, 2022 – October 19, 2022
If the registration page does not load, please refresh the page and use Chrome as your browser. If the issue continues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
Continue with your training
How? Enrollment in these programs includes:
• Attendance to this live workshop
• Online access to the pre-recorded workshop
• Assessment of Standards Assignments
• Forum Credential digital badge to be used on social media and networking sites upon successfully completing the accompanying Standards Assignments.
More About Credentials Enrollment
For more information about these programs contact us at email@example.com.