Thursday, February 23, 2023
1:00 pm – 4:15 pm EST / UTC−05:00
This event is exclusive for CIBER Consortium For Education Abroad (CC/FEA) participants
The sixth edition of The Standards of Good Practice in Education Abroad is your roadmap to highly rigorous, inclusive, and sustainable education abroad.
About the Workshop
This workshop is an introduction and overview of the 6th edition of The Standards of Good Practice and its Guiding Principles. The Guiding Principles create the foundation for effective and meaningful education abroad program design and delivery. It applies to every aspect and modality of education abroad.
The four Guiding Principles are:
• Mission & Goals
• Collaboration & Transparency
• Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
- Campus based education abroad advisors, coordinators, and directors
- Education abroad program developers
- Education abroad provider representatives and advisors
- Faculty who lead education abroad programs
- Academic advisors
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion officers
- Senior international officers
- Onsite resident directors and staff
- Community members such as internship or volunteer supervisors or home stay families
- Participants in the Professional Certification in Education Abroad program.
Learning Outcomes/How You’ll Benefit
- Understand the terminology, structure and application of The 6th Edition of The Standards of Good Practice in Education Abroad.
- Apply The Standards as a foundation for improving existing and developing future education abroad programming.
- Be able to articulate to stakeholders the value of The Standards and why education abroad organizations should aspire to meet The Standards.
This event is exclusive for CIBER Consortium For Education Abroad (CC/FEA) participants.
Click below and select “Register for this workshop”Register here
Continue with your training
Enrollment in these programs includes:
• Attendance to this live workshop
• Online access to the pre-recorded workshop
• Assessment of Standards Assignments
• Forum Credential Digital Badge to be used on your résumé or CV, social media, and networking sites upon successfully completing the accompanying Standards Assignments.
More About Credentials Enrollment
For more information about these programs contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.