Wednesday, April 19, 2023
1:00 pm – 04:15 pm EDT/UTC-4
This workshop will share resources and strategies to create more inclusive policies and program structures to improve first generation college student access to education abroad, using the Standards of Good Practice in Education Abroad as a foundation.
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
- International educators, education abroad advisors and recruiters, faculty advisors, academic advisors, diversity equity and inclusion professionals, financial aid advisors, student life professionals.
How You’ll Benefit
Participants will be able to:
- Understand and articulate the unique perspective first generation college students bring to their educational journey;
- Apply current models of asset based advising designed to guide and support First Gen students through the education abroad cycle;
- Advocate across campus units for students who identify as first generation;
- Initiate and enact changes to policies and structures which have served as a barrier to participation for first generation college students.
|Regular Rate||Late Registration|
Regular Registration: November, 2022 – March 18, 2023
Late Registration: March 19, 2023 – April 19, 2023
If the registration page does not load, please refresh the page and use Chrome as your browser. If the issue continues, contact email@example.com Thank you!
Continue with your training
How? Enrollment in these programs includes:
• Attendance to this live workshop
• Online access to the pre-recorded workshop
• Assessment of Standards Assignments
• Forum Credential digital badge to be used on social media and networking sites upon successfully completing the accompanying Standards Assignments.
More About Credentials Enrollment
For more information about these programs contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.