This workshop will review current trends in mental health support for traditional college-aged students, with specific focus on:
- Understanding high-risk behaviors,
- Identifying stress induced behaviors,
- Discussing concerns related to legal and practical responses to mental health crisis,
- Providing models for pre-departure mental health screening,
- Introducing strategies for managing mental health concerns when they occur.
This is an interactive workshop that engages participants in discussion of case studies, role analysis, and application of The Standards of Good Practice.