Forum Certification Assessors
Forum Certification Assessors are experienced professionals in the field of education abroad, who have demonstrated at great length their skill in the articulation and application of the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad. Selected from a pool of highly qualified applicants, they are carefully vetted and rigorously trained to evaluate Standards Assignments reliably and consistently based on established criteria. Forum Certification Assessors perform a vital service, with the goal of assuring quality education abroad and improving the field as a whole.
Meet The Forum Certification Assessors
Code of Ethics
Forum Certification Assessors must understand and agree to abide by the field’s Code of Ethics for Education Abroad. They must agree also to exemplify high standards of honesty and integrity by maintaining the confidentiality of the program participants, as well as the contents of the Standards Assignments, including the questions and responses.
Forum Certification Assessors will complete the six modules and culminating project of the Professional Certification in Education Abroad Program in full, as well as training through webinars provided on a regular basis. Optimally, Assessors will participate in the Accelerated Residency Program for Professional Certification in Education Abroad.
Forum Certification Assessor applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of a member of the senior staff of The Forum, the chair of the Council, a member of the Standards Committee, and a representative from the membership at large. Subsequent selection committees will include a former Forum Certification Assessor.
Process and Expectations
Assignments are sent to assessors immediately following assignment deadlines (March 1, June 1, September 1, December 1). Assessors are expected to assess multiple Standards Assignments (submissions and resubmissions) within three weeks of receipt. Assessment rubrics are provided for each assignment. Assessors provide specific feedback to participants who do not complete Assignments successfully to assist them meeting the stated criteria. Revised assignments will be resubmitted and evaluated by Assessors, and this process will continue until the participant achieves a successful result on all of the Standards Assignments.
Terms of Service
- Forum Certification Assessors will serve a 3-year term after initial training, with annual training to be provided by The Forum. The 3 year term begins July 1st and ends on June 30th of the 3rd year.
- Forum Certification Assessors may serve only 2 consecutive terms (for a total of 6 years).
- Forum Certification Assessors are expected to evaluate their assigned files within the time allotted. The inability to do so would impact their ability to complete their term.
- Assessors receive a modest honorarium from The Forum in compensation for their service in conducting the assessments.
- Applicants must be members of The Forum on Education Abroad in good standing;
- Have at least 10 years’ experience in the field of U.S. Education Abroad;
- Have at least 5 years’ of senior level experience;
- Demonstrate evidence of long-standing commitment to and experience in applying the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad.
Submit an Application