Best Practice Laboratories: Great Ideas, Solid Strategies, Proven Solutions
In the Best Practice Laboratories, we dive in at the operations level and seek individual best practice examples to build education abroad’s community of shared knowledge. This is your opportunity to show your colleagues what works at your institution and tell them why it works.
Small Things Matter
We invite you to submit practices that are easy to replicate, focused in design, and impactful. This is the place to spotlight a great practice worth sharing. Examples might include:
- An effective student conduct agreement or waiver,
- An ethical site visit policy or site visit checklist,
- A risk assessment rubric or a rubric for evaluating new partner programs,
- An innovative re-entry activity, etc.
Submit your best practice and we will collate accepted proposals into panels of idea generators at The Forum’s Annual Conference. Selected panelists will have their names and affiliations listed in the conference program, and their best practices will be included in The Forum’s Standards Toolbox.
Each presenter will make a brief opening remark and be available at an individual station to illustrate their best practice. Attendees will circulate freely around the room, engaging in one-on-one or small group discussions. The session will last 75 minutes, and the discussions will be driven by the questions, concerns, and circumstances attendees bring to you.
Submissions will be evaluated for:
- Demonstrated application of one of at least one of the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad, and
- Relevance and replicability by colleagues at other institutions and organizations.
Proposals from community colleges, minority-serving institutions, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs), overseas host institutions, one-person offices, and newer colleagues are strongly encouraged.
Thank you for your interest in the Best Practice Laboratories. We are no longer accepting proposals for the 16th Annual Conference.