Job Title: Marketing Intern
Dates of employment: Fall 2019 – December 31, 2019, with the possibility of extending to June 30, 2020 depending on availability and successful performance
Hours per week: 15
Hiring Manager/Supervisor: Director for Membership and Outreach
The Forum on Education Abroad is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated marketing intern. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies and will participate in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your work will also include preparing presentations, monitoring social platforms, and conducting market analysis. Your insightful contribution will help develop and enhance our marketing channels as we expand our initiatives to grow membership and participation in Forum activities. The position offers a flexible schedule (15 hours per week) and practical experience in current marketing techniques.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, the successful candidate will have excellent multitasking abilities and in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms.
The internship offers the ability to work remotely, so close proximity to Forum headquarters is not required.
- Perform market analysis and research on latest trends
- Research and evaluate competitors’ marketing and digital content
- Develop and present social media and marketing campaign ideas
- Assist with the creation and execution of promotional activities, including social media, email campaigns, and marketing materials
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis for marketing campaigns and various projects
- Help organize marketing events and trade show participation
- Perform data collection, data cleaning, and data validation in association management system (AMS)
- Support The Forum team in daily administrative tasks as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of marketing techniques and social media strategies
- Familiarity with marketing computer software, online applications and social media platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy and pay close attention to detail
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Current enrollment in an MBA program with a specialization in Marketing preferred
Application Instructions: Send resume, cover letter, and a media sample to Lindsay McCauslin, Director for Membership and Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org.