This Request for Proposal (RFP) introduces the opportunity to serve as The Forum on Education Abroad’s next Strategic Partner (SP).
As the landscape of international education continues to expand, The Forum’s work has never been so essential. As students increasingly see the importance of international programs to their overall education and institutions of higher education recognize the importance of education abroad as central to fulfilling their mission, the field of education abroad increasingly relies upon The Forum to advocate for high standards, research, assessment and investment.
The Forum has been fortunate to partner with Dickinson College for the past 13 years. The current contract between the two organizations expires on June 30, 2021 and as is best practice, we are opening the process to consider all interested SPs, including Dickinson College. Through this RFP process, The Forum’s Board of Directors is reviewing the current and future needs of the organization to identify the SP who can best help us achieve our vision for The Forum’s future. The Board seeks a SP who supports the mission of The Forum and is willing to provide The Forum’s secretariat access to facilities, staff, programs and resources. The SP will be an organization or institution with a solid reputation in and commitment to education abroad and desires to help The Forum grow and prosper. The ideal SP will have:
- The capacity and willingness to work collaboratively with The Forum on matters of strategic importance to the field of education abroad;
- An established record of leadership in the field of education abroad;
- A location that allows for interactions with a number of university and educational communities and provides convenient access to air and other transportation;
- The resources and services to provide in-kind support as described in the RFP;
- The willingness to commit to a minimum term of five years as the SP, with the likelihood of extending the relationship to a second or third term.
Guidance on sharing an expression of interest is provided in the full RFP. Questions about this opportunity can be directed to Melissa Torres, President and CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.