The Forum Trained Facilitator Team
The Forum’s strategic plan specifies the design and implementation of programming at the regional, national and international levels that disseminates the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad, increases the accessibility of the Standards to all levels of Forum member institutions and organizations, encourages and provides training in the implementation of best practices, and allows all member institutions and organizations to engage in purposeful dialogue. In order to provide the highest level of programming to the Forum membership, it is necessary to maintain a cohort of specially-trained colleagues to deliver a variety of programming. The Forum Trained Facilitator Team accomplishes this.
What is the Forum Trained Facilitator Team?
- A group of mid- to senior-level education abroad professionals who have been trained to deliver Forum specific workshops and webinars.
- Comprised of 8 to 12 individuals from around the world who are prepared to deliver workshops and webinars on a variety of topics all tied to the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad and the Code of Ethics for Education Abroad.
How are FTFT members selected?
- Colleagues of Forum member institutions are invited to apply to become a member of the FTFT. Applications may be accessed on the Forum website here. You may send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A selection committee comprised of the Forum’s Executive Director for Member Services and Training, two former FTFT members, and a member of the Forum Council will review applications to join the FTFT. This committee will make recommendations to the President and CEO of the Forum, who will make the final decision.
Terms of service
- FTFT members serve a three-year term after initial training, with annual training to be provided by the Forum. The three year term begins July 1st and ends on June 30th of the third year.
- FTFT members may serve only two consecutive terms (for a total of six years) in order to provide a team of qualified and engaged trainers and give colleagues opportunities to join the Team.
- Team members are expected to deliver Forum workshops when their schedule allows by traveling to destinations where the workshop is to be delivered.Â Travel expenses for the FTFT member are covered by the Forum.
- Each Team member is expected to deliver at least one workshop or webinar during their initial term.Â The inability to do so would impact their ability to continue for a second term.
Training for the FTFT members
- FTFT members are expected to travel to the Forum on Education Abroad offices in Carlisle, PA once yearly to participate in training for the coming year. The Forum will cover lodging and meal costs for each FTFT member. FTFT members may request additional funding for travel expenses if their institution will not provide that support.
- Additional training through webinars is provided on an as needed basis: prior to delivering a workshop, or when a workshop curriculum has been revamped.